For first home buyers, there have been subsidies offered in light of the Coronavirus epidemic to sweeten the deal for those dipping their toes into the property market for the first time. The $25,000 HomeBuilder grant, First Home Loan Deposit Scheme and First Home Owner Grant and stamp duty concessions for those eligible have been designed to encourage those who have wanted to buy with a more attainable entrance into the buyer’s market.
However for those looking to buy the dream home they have been saving for, searching for or waiting for, now might be a perfect time- despite the effects of Covid-19 in Australia. For those who have invested before or taken a more long-term view on buying up, there are steps you can take to ensure your dream home can become a reality.
As we head towards the end of the first quarter this 2020 Financial Year, real estate prices are stabilising and interest rates are at an historic low. This has led to less competition and sellers who are potentially more open to negotiation.
This in an ideal environment for buying your dream home, however it comes with a few caveats- you will need to have a deposit ready to go and your finance established.
Getting your loan application right is the most essential step you can take during the kind of volatile economic atmosphere we are currently experiencing. Recent changes to home loan qualifiers (such as stricter income tests, lending caution for those working in high-risk industries and discounted income on investment properties) have also made it more difficult to find finance for your dream home.
The key is to apply with the right lender.
Walker Hill Finance recommends:
- Finding a finance team that keeps communication open throughout the application and lending process to speed up the process should industry, governmental or personal changes present issues;
- Getting your required documentation to your lender on- time to avoid unnecessary delays- this is a time when extenuating circumstances could potentially provide enough delay as there is;
- Reviewing and consolidating your existing debt (the right finance team will offer this in their services);
- Finding a lending and finance team who can limit turnaround time through availability (remember, the Walker Hill office is open for business and Covid- safe, but our finance team will also, happily, come to you);
- Keep updated with the latest industry news. Walker Hill Finance will let you know of anything that affects your unique situation- from application to settlement. Signing up to a trusted mailing list (like this one!) will further inform you of key changes in today’s lending market.
At Walker Hill Finance, we understand that your financial goals and current situation are unique.
Let us help you make your dream home your home, and Make It Count today.