The Walker Hill Group has an exciting opportunity for an experienced and dedicated Superannuation Accountant to join our growing team in our Petrie Terrace Office.
We are a fast growing, results-driven organisation, committed to delivering an exceptional client experience and helping our clients make their businesses count.
As a Superannuation Accountant, you will work closely with the Directors and Managers, who will set your duties. Key responsibilities will include:
- Preparation of Financial Statements and Tax Returns primarily for self-managed superannuation funds
- Exposure to preparation of Financial Statements and Tax Returns for other entities including Individuals, Companies, Trusts and Partnerships
- Preparation of BAS/IAS
- Liaise with clients.
- Communicate with the ATO and other regulatory bodies
- Tertiary Qualifications (Majoring in Accounting)
- Ideally a minimum of 2 years industry experience in an accounting role.
- Exceptional communication and interpersonal skills, with ability to build rapport and connect with a diverse range of stakeholders.
- Proven track record of being results driven, with ability to plan and coordinate workload to meet (and exceed) deadlines and targets.
- High Attention to detail.
- Commitment to championing a progressive, innovative, and positive work environment. Ability to present solutions not problems.
- Experience with Xero Practice Manager and Class super.
- Experience with client management (highly desirable)
What you Get:
- A great culture that is fuelled by an ever-growing group of professionals who work hard and play harder.
- A competitive salary and bonus structure
- Access to ongoing training delivered to help grow your career.
- A structured mentorship program to help you define and implement ongoing career progression, including support for CA qualifications.
- Career progression opportunities including management, associate directorship and more.
- Working from home policy.
- Paid half day Fridays – Every Friday!!
- Table tennis for those that like a bit of exercise.
- Regular social events that are put on and covered by the firm.
- Much much more…
If you are up for a new challenge in 2021 with a fast-growing, hard-working team of amazing accountants. Please send your resume with a cover letter outlining why you are the perfect candidate for this role!
Due to the high volume of applications received for our advertised positions, only those applicants who are shortlisted will be directly contacted.